Day 13 is a fun one, does it give me permission to go shopping?!... Researching sustainable fashion options! I've been doing this over the past few years and committed to only buying sustainable options so I love finding ones I haven't heard of. When I need something new I do a google check of sustainable options and read through the blogs to find a good option. Once I find a brand I like I follow them for sales updates and try to continue to support them. Many sustainable brands are also on Amazon, including PACT which often has their organic socks/underwear on the lightening deals!
To start when I want to get out and shop here's my favorite local Milwaukee area sustainable shopping options:
* Whole Foods - Yes, it's not just for groceries. They have a small section of clothing, including some local brands. Check online for sales, usually around the holidays.
* H&M - This can be overwhelming but look for the labels with the green "Conscious Collection" hangtags. Those are from sustainable options such as organic cotton, tencel or recycled polyester.
* Fyndig - They are in transition now, looking for a new home but I ran into their booth at an event and bought lots of great fashion items I only read about!
* ReSource - I love this new spot of all recycled or eco friendly finds. Lots of great accessories including some from local artists.
Online here are my go to's:
* Fair Indigo - Still local to me, some people from my ex-employer Lands' End, left to start this fair trade company!
* Patagonia - So innovative, been doing it way before every one else.
* Matt & Nat - This was my first sustainable fashion purchase. About 6 years ago was in Texas of all places when I came across a beautiful handbag made from recycled water bottles. I had to have it and still use it to this day and get tons of compliments on it!
All 20 Day Sustainable Fashion Challenge Bowling Ball Buell Buttons Candy Car Chargepoint Earrings Electric Family Fermentation Friends Fruit Harley-Davidson Japan Jewelry Kefir Kombucha Milwaukee Motorcycle Nissan Leaf North Carolina Recycle Recycling Sewing Slow Fashion Sustainability Tea U2 Vintage Wedding