This spice mix came into my life via Crazy Burger's Just Plain Nuts Burger. I loved the smell of it and these burgers were amazing so I've transferred this to where they belong, on fries and YES... best fries ever! I make my fries in my air fryer from the recipe in the book but after drying I season. Then season again before serving.
Wendy McMillian naturalhealthmag.com
3 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons white pepper
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Mix all ingredients to evenly combine.
Just Plain Nuts Burger
Wendy McMillian for naturalhealthmag.com
This gluten free patty at Crazy Burger Café & Juice Bar in Narragansett, RI is loaded with heart-healthy cashews and walnuts - both good sources of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fast as well as omega-3 fatty acids. Lentils add fiber, folate and iron.
1/2 cup dry mixed lentils - French, Green, Red, equal parts
1/4 red onion, finely diced
2 stalks celery, finely diced
1/2 carrot, grated
1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
1 zucchini, grated
1/4 pound cashews, roasted on a sheet pan for 3 minutes
1/4 pound walnuts, roasted on a sheet pan for 3 minutes
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons Gulden's mustard
2 tablespoons Fry Salt
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 handful fresh basil, washed and minced
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1. To prepare lentils, simmer in 1 1/2 cups water for 20-25 minutes, until tender.
2. Sauté onion, celery and carrots in 1/8 cup canola oil, until translucent, approximately 5 minutes. Add zucchini toward the end. Season vegetable mixture lightly with some of the salt and pepper and place in a large mixing bowl.
3. Drain the lentils. Season lightly with some of the salt and pepper, and add to the vegetables.
4. Coarsely grind the roasted cashews and walnuts in a food processor and add to the mixing bowl.
5. Mix in all remaining ingredients until everything is incorporated evenly.
6. Form mixture into burger patties and arrange on a lined sheet pan. Bake 10 minutes at 500 F. (Alternatively patties can be pan-fried in a small amount of canola oil.) Serve open face on polenta with a side of sun-dried tomato-artichoke pesto.
Gram's Banana Cake
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups ripe bananas, mashed
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease and flour 3 9" cake pans and set aside.
2. Mash the bananas and place in a measuring cup. Cream the butter and sugar together until well mixed. Add the eggs and beat well. Mix in the sour cream. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture and beat well. Add the mashed bananas and vanilla and mix well.
3. Divide evenly among the prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool a few minutes and remove from pans. Cool completely before frosting.
5 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
2-4 tablespoons brewed black coffee
Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa together into a large bowl. Add the softened butter and mix on very low speed until they are incorporated. Add the coffee starting with 2 tablespoons and mix until it reaches your desired spreading consistency.
I ended up adding too much coffee and added Xanthan gum to thicken it back up. Again, I am not a fan of powdered sugar/random liquid based frostings!... help.
is the smallest kitchen ever. We used to watch those decorating shows that said they were doing small kitchens and then could see that 4 of my kitchens would fit in their "small kitchens".
All Air Fryer Almonds Apple Asparagus Avocado Bagel Banana Bar Bark Bars Basil Beans Beer Beets Black Beans Blueberries Braise Brandy Bread Breakfast Brewers Organics Broccoli Brown Sugar Bruschetta Brussel Sprouts Burger Cabbage Cacao Cake Candy Carrot Cashews Cauliflower Celery Salt Cheddar Cheese Cherry Cherry Tomatoes Chicken Chickpeas Chips Chocolate Clock Shadow Creamery Cocktail Cocoa Coconut Coconut Flour Coconut Sugar Coffee Cookies Corn Cranberries Cream Cucumber Cupcake Dates Dinner Dip Dried Fruit Drink Easy Edamame Eggs Empanadas Farro Fermentation Feta Food Fries Fudge Gluten Free Grapefruit Gravy Greek Yogurt Green Tomatoes Growing Power Hazelnut Herb Home Made Honey ISi Jar Kale Lavender Lemon Lentils Malt Maple Martha Stewart Microwave Mint Mushrooms Nutritional Yeast Oatmeal Oats Omanhene Orange Organicville Paprika Parmesan Parsnip Pasta Peanut Peanut Butter Peas Pepper Pesto Pickles Pie Pineapple Pita Pizza Potato Pretzels Pudding Pumpkin Quiche Quinoa Raisins Raspberry Rice Risotto Roast Rose Salad Salt Sandwich Siracha Slaw Slow Cooker Smoothie Soup Sous Vide Spinach Squash Strawberries Strawberry Sugar River Dairy Sunflower Sushi Sweet Potato Tacos Tamari Tea The Engine No 2 Diet The Food Lab The Spice House Tofu Tomato Tortellini Trader Joe's Trail Mix Trends Truffles Vanilla Vegan Vegetarian Vodka Walnuts Wisconsin Winter Farmer Zombie Zucchini