Blueberry Breakfast Bars
Outpost Co-Op, Milwaukee WI
1 3/4 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 cup almonds, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line the bottom of a 10x10" baking pan with parchment paper, making sure it comes up all sides of the pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, brown sugar, almonds and salt. Add melted butter and mix well. The mix should be soft and crumble. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture and press the remaining mixture firmly in the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, put blueberries, sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for about two minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining water, cornstarch and lemon juice. Stir into blueberry mixture until thick, for about a minute, then remove from heat.
5. Spread blueberry mixture evenly over cooked crust and press remaining oat mixture onto the blueberries, being careful as the blueberries are hot.
6. Bake bars 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. To cut bars, lift the entire block out of the pan using the parchment paper, peel paper away from sides and cut into desired sized bars. The bars will keep a few days in the fridge - if they last that long!
is the smallest kitchen ever. We used to watch those decorating shows that said they were doing small kitchens and then could see that 4 of my kitchens would fit in their "small kitchens".
All Almonds Apple Asparagus Avocado Bagel Banana Bar Bark Basil Beans Beer Beets Black Beans Blueberries Braise Brandy Bread Breakfast Brewers Organics Broccoli Brown Sugar Bruschetta Brussel Sprouts Burger Cabbage Cake Candy Carrot Cashews Cauliflower Celery Salt Cheddar Cheese Cherry Cherry Tomatoes Chicken Chickpeas Chips Chocolate Clock Shadow Creamery Cocktail Cocoa Coconut Coconut Flour Coconut Sugar Coffee Cookies Corn Cranberries Cream Cucumber Cupcake Dates Dinner Dip Dried Fruit Drink Easy Edamame Eggs Empanadas Farro Fermentation Feta Food Fries Fudge Gluten Free Grapefruit Gravy Greek Yogurt Green Tomatoes Growing Power Hazelnut Herb Home Made Honey ISi Jar Kale Lavender Lemon Lentils Malt Martha Stewart Microwave Mint Mushrooms Nutritional Yeast Oatmeal Oats Omanhene Orange Organicville Paprika Parmesan Parsnip Pasta Peanut Peanut Butter Peas Pepper Pesto Pie Pineapple Pita Pizza Potato Pretzels Pudding Pumpkin Quiche Quinoa Raspberry Rice Risotto Roast Salad Salt Sandwich Siracha Slaw Slow Cooker Soup Sous Vide Spinach Squash Strawberries Strawberry Sugar River Dairy Sunflower Sushi Sweet Potato Tacos Tamari The Engine No 2 Diet The Food Lab The Spice House Tofu Tomato Trader Joe's Trail Mix Trends Truffles Vanilla Vegan Vegetarian Walnuts Wisconsin Winter Farmer Zombie Zucchini