"Food may not be the answer to world peace, but it's a start" - Anthony Bourdain
Top of my places I miss in Milwaukee is Outpost Foods coop. I loved grabbing lunch there and a sweet treat. Luckily, they published some of these recipes in their magazine.... (still haven't seen Little Oatie recipe though!) and this Sheba Bar is a great one!
Outpost Food's Secret Recipe, Milwaukee, WI
Makes 40 bars
1 cup Sucanat
2 3/4 cups brown rice syrup, divided
1/2 pound earth balance buttery sticks (2 sticks)
1 1/4 cups smooth peanut butter, divided
1 tablespoon egg replacer (or sub 1/2 cup applesauce)
1/8 cup water
1 cup quick rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
11 ounces brown rice crisp cereal
3 1/3 cups semi sweet vegan chocolate chips
1/8 cup canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 375. Combine Sucanat, 2 cups brown rice syrup, buttery sticks and 3/4 cup peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and melt. Stir until smooth.
2. In a large bowl, combine egg replacer and water and whisk to combine. Add oats, baking soda, salt, brown rice cereal. Pour in peanut butter mixture from step one, stirring carefully, in order not to crush the cereal.
3. Spread mixture into full sheet tray coated with cooking spray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Bars puff up while cooking and may drip over tray, so watch carefully or place another sheet tray on the bottom rack to catch. Remove and allow bars to cool.
4. While bars are cooling, melt chocolate chips and oil in microwave, stir until smooth, then spread over cooled bars.
5. Melt remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter and 3/4 cup brown rice syrup in microwave. Drizzle over cooled bars and with a paring knife, pull through the mixture to swirl. Cool in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply.
is the smallest kitchen ever. We used to watch those decorating shows that said they were doing small kitchens and then could see that 4 of my kitchens would fit in their "small kitchens".
All Air Fryer Almonds Apple Asparagus Avocado Bagel Banana Bar Bark Bars Basil Beans Beer Beets Black Beans Blueberries Braise Brandy Bread Breakfast Brewers Organics Broccoli Brown Sugar Bruschetta Brussel Sprouts Burger Cabbage Cacao Cake Candy Carrot Cashews Cauliflower Celery Salt Cheddar Cheese Cherry Cherry Tomatoes Chicken Chickpeas Chips Chocolate Clock Shadow Creamery Cocktail Cocoa Coconut Coconut Flour Coconut Sugar Coffee Cookies Corn Cranberries Cream Cucumber Cupcake Dates Dinner Dip Dried Fruit Drink Easy Edamame Eggs Empanadas Farro Fermentation Feta Food Fries Fudge Gluten Free Grapefruit Gravy Greek Yogurt Green Tomatoes Growing Power Hazelnut Herb Home Made Honey ISi Jar Kale Lavender Lemon Lentils Malt Maple Martha Stewart Microwave Mint Mushrooms Nutritional Yeast Oatmeal Oats Omanhene Orange Organicville Paprika Parmesan Parsnip Pasta Peanut Peanut Butter Peas Pepper Pesto Pickles Pie Pineapple Pita Pizza Potato Pretzels Pudding Pumpkin Quiche Quinoa Raisins Raspberry Rice Risotto Roast Rose Salad Salt Sandwich Siracha Slaw Slow Cooker Smoothie Soup Sous Vide Spinach Squash Strawberries Strawberry Sugar River Dairy Sunflower Sushi Sweet Potato Tacos Tamari Tea The Engine No 2 Diet The Food Lab The Spice House Tofu Tomato Tortellini Trader Joe's Trail Mix Trends Truffles Vanilla Vegan Vegetarian Vodka Walnuts Wisconsin Winter Farmer Zombie Zucchini